This project was the final project for Udacity's React Nanodegree. We were tasked to build a Mobile Flashcard application using React Native.
create-react-native-appto build your project.
- Allow users to create a deck which can hold an unlimited number of cards.
- Allow users to add a card to a specific deck.
- The front of the card should display the question.
- The back of the card should display the answer.
- Users should be able to quiz themselves on a specific deck and receive a score once they're done.
- Users should receive a notification to remind themselves to study if they haven't already for that day.
I wanted the application to emulate real life flashcards -
- When I start a flashcard deck, I should see a pile of cards (with the questions facing the user.)
- I should be able to flip the card to view the answer.
- I should be able to indicate whether or not I answered the question correctly by swiping left or right (like on Tinder! 🔥)
I was a little intimidated since I had no idea how to implement any of these requirements I set for myself. I knew there had to be an open source library to help me achieve this. With a little help from Google, low and behold, I found two libraries to help me: ✨
I was extremely proud of the end product. I fulfilled all project requirements including the three I set for myself, and my project is now a featured project for future students to see.
You can check out the repository here. Thanks! 🙌